PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ACT (POPIA)
Industrial Supply Specialists (PTY) Ltd (The Company) and Mayter Sales (PTY) Ltd (The Company) is committed to the adherence of national and international legislation and regulations pertaining to the safeguarding of Data Privacy and the Protection of Personal Information when processed by any person, whether natural or juristic in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act (4) 2013 (POPIA) and/or similar international legislation. Further, the purpose for which personal information will be collected and processed is to ensure that such personal information and documentation is verified and vetted to promote compliance with the company’s policies and thus prevent fraudulent and/or corrupt business activities
1. The Company shall collect, process, and store the personal information for the purpose intended, and that it shall proceed to act in accordance with the provisions of POPIA in collecting, processing, and storing the personal information.
2. During the business relationship between yourself and The Company, you acknowledge and consent to the processing of the personal information for any purpose relating to the administration, management and operations of The Company’s legitimate business purposes or legal obligations by The Company or anyone acting on behalf of The Company.
3. The Company undertakes not to disclose any personal information unless it is legally or contractually required or for its legitimate business purposes. Similarly, you have the corresponding obligation to the Company in this regard.
4. You acknowledge that The Company will use reasonable efforts in order to ensure that your personal information in its possession or processed on its behalf is kept confidential, stored in a secure manner and processed in terms of POPIA and for the purposes for which The Company has been authorised. Similarly, you have the corresponding obligation to the Company in this regard.
5. You declare that all personal information supplied to The Company for the purposes of procurement and related legal and operational reasons is accurate, up to date, is not misleading and that it is complete in all respects. The provision of misleading information by you may lead to termination of the business relationship with The Company. It shall always remain your responsibility to immediately advise The Company of any change to its personal information should any of your details change including, but not limited to, a change of ownership or control in your business.
6. By continuing to engage with The Company, you hereby provide your consent to The Company to process its personal information, as provided above, and acknowledges that it understands the purpose for which it is required and for which it will be used.